“Heart Attack” is such a common term in India that people often relates tragic life experiences with heart attacks. For example: A father’s warning to young son stating “I might get heart attack if you fail the exam this time”. It might seem ok but no, it’s the most common life threatening disease which should never to be taken easily. As soon as someone feels pain in heart position or get sudden sweating to a never like before condition, you should directly take him to anearby hospital for an emergency check-up. The earlier the treatment starts the lesser is the risk of life.
What are the common symptoms that show Cardiac Diseases in a patient?
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Cardiopulmonary Arrest
- Discomfort in other areas of upper body
- Shortness of breath
- Cold kind of Sweating
- Light headedness
What should be an immediate step once you feel someone has a heart attack?
- Simply call 911 or any local medical emergency number.
- Give an immediate aspirin to the patient. However, if patiently is allergic to aspirin then avoid.
- Make the person drink water.
- Ask him to laugh.
- If things become worse like aperson getting unconscious, start mouth to mouth rescue breathing and also start performing chest compressions of about 100 per minute.
- If you have nothing of the above, simply call an ambulance so that in-ambulance doctors may start initial procedures while patient reaches thehospital.
Let us understand what happens when a person faces heart attack?
- There is a network of blood vessels known as coronary arteries which are present all around the heart muscle.
- These vessels supply blood to the heart which is rich in oxygen.
- Heart functionality is very much based on this blood and oxygen supply.
- When a person faces heart attack, his coronary artery suddenly gets blocked further stopping the flow of blood to the heart and hence damaging it.
After you are treated temporarily from a heart attack, you should look for the best cardiac surgeon in India. There are many ways to find the right surgeon but today when Internet progressed extensively, opt for the best medical partner for you. They have good connections in almost all top hospitals in India and thus when you are facing medical crises, they become the ray of hope for you.
Can one survive heart attacks?
Many people have survived heart attacks and are even living actively and peacefully with a good lifespan. It depends on few things:
- How fast you get treated after the cardiac arrest?
- Quick treatment can help limit the damage to heart muscles.
- Consulting the best cardiologist in India periodically and hence following healthy and disciplined routines in regular life can make you free from heart problems again forever.
Nobody can help you unless you help yourself. Hence eat safe and drink safe with exercise schedule for a healthy heart and a wealthy life.